Are Dental Implants Considered Safe?
Your dentists often recommend dental implants because this is one of the most durable and safe restorative procedures. You aren’t a perfect candidate for implants if you smoke and have fewer gums around your teeth.
Dental implants are permanent false teeth. Houston Dental Implants are the best treatment for you if you suffer from a gap or missing teeth.
Moreover, dental implant treatment is divided into multiple steps over several months. This is because the bone and gum take time to get heal. Dental implants can last for lifetimes with proper dental practices such as brushing and flossing your teeth twice a day. Also, it would be best if you considered seeking a dentist for regular checkups atleast two times a day. However, there are various reasons why you aren’t a good candidate for dental implant treatment. In such conditions, a dentist office near me recommended other alternative restorative treatments for you.
Is the Dental Implant Procedure safe?
For many people, a dental implant is one of the safest treatments. Your dentist may recommend dental treatment if you are eligible. Moreover, they are various reliable sources that approve dental implant treatment.
The process of the dental implant takes several months. It involves local and sometimes general anaesthesia because it is an invasive treatment. Also, this procedure is a little expensive and depends on your mouth’s health and age.
What are the risks and complications of dental implants?
- There are minimal problems related to dental implants, such as nerve, tissue or bone damage during the surgery.
- Failure to set correctly can cause loose dental implants that don’t give proper function and restrict your speaking properly.
- Chances of infection
- Long healing
- Tooth Sensitivity
- If you find difficulty in cleaning dental implants and teeth surrounding
Furthermore, there is various reason why you may need to be a better candidate for Dental Implants Near Me.
- If you are suffering from gum disease
- Have problems related to the immune system
- Have certain allergies
- Have a compromised immune system
- If you are on medication
- Suffering from osteoporosis
- Have osteoporosis
What age is suitable for dental implants?
If you are over 60 years old, consider various risks before dental implants. Such as
- Prolonged healing time after the surgery
- Other preexisting conditions that may affect your restorative treatment
- Compromised bone health or weak bone strength
- You should also discuss it with a dentist if you’ve any of these risks before the treatment.
Who’s a candidate for dental implants?
You may be a good candidate for an implant if you have the following:
- Good dental health
- It would be best if you took care of dental health and did not have gum disease
- If your jaw bone can tolerate the dental implants
If your dentist finds you aren’t a good candidate for a dental implant, they suggest various other methods.
- Dental bridges
- Full or partial dentures
- Root canal to treat your infected teeth
Suppose you are having missing or gap between the teeth. In that case, consider contacting Dental Implant Specialist Near Me for a thorough diagnosis of dental implant treatment.