What Is The Role Of a Vein Specialist?
A vein specialist or a vascular surgeon treats and oversees the condition of your blood vessels. Vein specialists are trained to identify the symptoms of venous disorders and issues of the circulatory system. They determine what’s the cause of your venous problem by performing some diagnostic screenings and tests. They treat a variety of vein problems and circulatory health conditions such as spider or varicose veins to life-threatening aneurysms.
What Diseases Do Vascular Specialists Treat?
The vascular surgeon treats many health conditions related to each, and every part of your blood vessels and vascular system except the heart and brain.
Vascular problems include-
Atherosclerosis – Or hardening of arteries, where plaque builds up on the artery walls causing it to harden and affecting the flow of blood.
Aneurysm- A bulge or weak spot in the artery
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) – A blood clot in the vein or artery deep below the skin.
Varicose Veins – A twisted, large, or swollen veins that can cause aching pain in your legs.
Spider Veins – A web of veins just below the surface of your skin.
Venous Ulcers – ( Neuropathic) wounds that result from poor blood flow.
When Should We Visit a Vein Specialist?
Signs and symptoms of venous problems or vascular diseases indicate you need to see a vein specialist.
- Your Veins are Discolored: It is common for veins to appear purple, dark purple, reddish, or dark blue, but if your veins seem twisted or discolored or not as visible color as the veins surrounding the area then you should consult a vein specialist.
- Your Legs Feel Heavy: If your legs feel heavy then it could be a sign of venous insufficiency. It’s not that serious but it could lead to serious health conditions in the future so better treat this in its early stages.
- You’re Experiencing Swelling: Swelling indicates a damaged circulatory system and needs to be treated right away so do not delay and see a vein specialist right away.
- Your Veins Are Twisted:If your veins appear twisted then you’re most probably suffering from venous insufficiency.
- Your Pain Worsens Throughout The Day:If you feel the pain worsening throughout the day then you are most likely to be suffering from a vascular problem. Ignoring this issue can lead to a severe problem so treat this right away.
What Do You Understand By Vein Center?
A vein center is a division of cardiovascular associates who are specialized in treating vein diseases. It is established as a specialized clinic for treating neuro and vascular interventional diseases and venous ulcer treatment. It offers pre and post-procedure care for the patients. It provides all types of small and minimally invasive laser treatments to cure varicose veins. A vein center provides focused treatment for diseases like venous insufficiency, spider and varicose veins, venous wounds, venous ulcers, and other chronic vascular and artery diseases.
We can hereby conclude that the above context provides us with valuable information regarding what a specialist called? the role of vein specialist, the symptoms of venous diseases, and what is a vein center?. For further information check out veintreatmentca.com.